Precision Optics Eyewear is proud to announce, that due to consistent growth and demand, we are now recruiting for someone to join the business and become an essential part of our future growth.
As one of the highest rated eyewear providers in the area and one of the only manufacturers open directly to the public, we are looking for an individual who wants to be a part of providing only the best for the community.
Please read all information carefully and complete the application form below.
This application will close on Wednesday 31st May at 23:59.
Job title: Prescription Eyewear Specialist (Full time position)
Experience required: None (full paid training given)
Qualifications and skills required:
- You must hold a clean UK valid driving licence
- You must be able to knowingly pass a full DBS check (formally CRB check)
- You must be able to be insured to drive a vehicle with no motoring or non motoring convictions
- No qualifications are required for this role
- To be able to manually lift and move objects with ease
- To be happy to be responsible for carrying out tasks on your own or with others
- Good mobility and ability with hand eye co-ordination
Job description: You will be undertaking various roles to assist with the manufacturing, logistics and supply of premium eyewear and optical lenses. Working with premium brands such as Ray Ban, Oakley and Versace, you will be hands on with all aspects, from making complete eyewear on site, to delivering and collecting eyewear to and from clients locations in your own branded company car. You will be trained to carry out eyewear repairs, adjustments, ordering and frame fitting, as well as frame styling and selection. Learning about various optical lenses and how to custom make these for our clients. You will have a mixture of working directly and indirectly with members of the public, in the showroom, glazing laboratory and out in the public. You will also be part of planning and attending public events.
- Handling client data
- Speaking with suppliers and clients
- Logistics with company car
- Manufacturing eyewear
- Handling money
- Taking payments
- Being a key holder for the laboratory, showroom & company car
- Handling secure data and business information
- Helping with market research
- Maintenance and upkeep of showroom and laboratory
- Using state of the art machinery and equipment
- Using specialist software
- Dealing directly and indirectly with clients
- Using telephone, email, text and social media for business operations
- Carrying out other business related operations
You will be fully trained to understand and carry out all of the above elements of the business.
Perks and benefits:
- After probation you will be eligible for 1 pair of clear eyewear frames and one sunglasses frame (including our designer ranges). You will be entitled to one free pair each year after.
- Use of the branded company car
- Friends & family perks/benefits
- Fully paid training
- Pension contributions
- Guaranteed holiday in the summer, Christmas and New Year
- 28 days annual leave
- Being a part of a local business with strong growth and a high reputation for the best products and services
- Learn new skills, develop yourself and push your abilities
- Guarantees one hour lunch break with no interruptions
- Being out and about and doing different tasks to break up the month from one set role
- Working in an interesting environment and industry that is constantly pushing you and your ability
- Use of a company mobile and laptop when required
- Days/Evenings out throughout the year
- End of year meal
- Paid to come away to trade and industry shows in the UK, Italy and France
Pay: Starting salary of £13,728
(Pay can increase when more skills, knowledge and experience are developed. Pay rises as per our team progression programmes)
General working days & times:
Monday - Thursday
No weekends or Bank Holidays
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
1 hour lunch break at 12:30 pm
Total of 24 hours per week.
Holiday: 28 days per year including bank holidays. 28 days holiday is part (not all) of the guaranteed Summer, Christmas and New Year holiday dates.
Main business operations - Precision Optics Eyewear, 38 Naze Park Road, Walton on the Naze, Essex, CO14 8JZ
You will also be required do drive to other locations for various business activities.
(Dates can change without prior notice)
Stage 1 - Initial application: Closes on Wednesday 31st May at 23:59.
Stage 2 - Short list of applications. You will be contacted by Wednesday 14th June.
Stage 3 - Business visit. This is where I will meet and show you around the business. I can answer any questions that you may have. Here you will get a feel for the business and the position available. Dates approx June/July 2023 TBA.
Stage 4: This is an opportunity for you to inform me that you wish to no longer take part in the recruitment process. Deadline TBA.
Stage 5 - Selected applicants will be contacted and asked to come in for a final one to one interview/assessment. Date approx July/August
Stage 6 - The selected applicant will be contacted with the offer of the available position with an approximate start date of September 2023.
There will be a 6 month probation period.
The start date is flexible/negotiable to take in to consideration current employment notice or holidays etc.
You will be contacted even if you are not selected on this occasion.
Please remember - there will be other roles potentially that we will be recruiting for which you may also be suitable for. We can only take one person on for this particular role.
Dates are approximate and will be more accurate as we proceed through the process. Final dates and employment start dates will be arranged to suit both employee and Precision Optics Eyewear
Please complete the form below, attach your CV and submit your application.
PRECISION OPTICS EYEWEAR ®
38 Naze Park Road, Walton On The Naze, CO14 8JZ, United Kingdom
Copyright © 2022 PRECISION OPTICS EYEWEAR ® - All Rights Reserved. Precision Optics Eyewear ® is a registered trademark of Precision Optics LTD.